DRCL Projects Department
The Projects Department at D. Rampersad & Company Limited manages large-scale turnkey projects mainly in the water, wastewater, oil, and gas industries.
Upgrade/Refurbishment of Water & Wastewater Treatment Plants
The main functions of the Projects Department include monitoring/managing projects, to ensure they are completed on time, within budget and to the required standard.
Some of our major services offered include:
- Supply & Installation of:
- Pumps to include alum dosing, raw water, high lift, backwash and PAC.
- Chlorinators and chlorine leak detection systems.
- Electrical equipment inclusive of MCC’s, Transformers, PLC’s, electromagnetic flowmeters, cabling and other electrical ancillaries.
- Sludge cone systems.
- Valves and electric actuators.
- Penstocks, influent pumps, intake screens, conveyor systems, aerators, baffle walls, RAS/WAS systems, UV systems and clarifier mechanisms.
- Remedial works to Filter Tanks inclusive of repairs to tank internals and externals, supply and installation of filter media and filter nozzles.
- Refurbishment and/or supply and installation of butterfly valves, check valve and gate valves with the capability to carry out API 598 testing.
- Construction and/or refurbishment of Fabricated Storage Water Tanks inclusive of Glass-Fused-To-Steel Tanks.
- Water and Abrasive blasting of clarifier internals and externals.
- Replacement and welding of corroded metal structures.
- Civil engineering services to include concrete foundations, floors, ceilings, roofs and building.
See below some recent projects successfully executed within this category:
- Refurbishment of the WASA Tucker Valley Booster Station, Chaguaramas.
- Refurbishment of the WASA Dow Village Booster Station.
- Repairs to Tanks – Hand Sanitizer Plant Project for Trinidad Distillers Limited.
- Repairs to Storage Tanks 1 – 3 at the Airports Authority of Trinidad & Tobago.
- Piping Expansion Works at Cove Power Station, Tobago for L.S. Energeia.
- Various Desalination Plant Expansion and Shutdown Projects.
Packaged Equipment/Turnkey Projects
Supply and installation of packaged equipment to include but not limited to Compressors, Fire Water Pump Packages, Potable Water Skids, Fuel Gas Scrubber Systems, Generators etc.
Recent projects successfully executed within this category:
- Flood Pump Replacement at Trinidad Distillers Limited.
- Supply and Installation of Blower Packages at the WASA Bon Air West Waste Water Treatment Plant.
- Turnkey Installation of Petrotrin Brackish WP Upgrade – GE Oil & Gas.
- Supply and Installation of a Fire Water Pump System at National Petroleum Sea Lots.
- BPTT Amherstia Chemical Injection Skids.
- Travelling Screens at Tringen II Plant.
- Supply and Installation of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Refueling Systems for CNG Service Stations in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Supply of Fuel Gas Vessel Scrubber Package inclusive of commissioning/training support for Worley Parsons.